The OpenLoco project started in early 2018 by the same group of people behind OpenRCT2. We are making a modern, open source version of the classic transport simulation game Chris Sawyer’s Locomotion by reimplementing the game fully in C++. Currently, the coding efforts are about 60% completed. For the other 40%, we rely on the original Locomotion game executable.
To retain the look and feel of the original game, we use the original game data for graphics and audio. This means it is required for players to have installed their own copy of Locomotion for OpenLoco to work. It can be bought on e.g. Steam or GOG.com.
Curious to see what’s been changed compared to the original game? Please refer to our wiki for a list of changes from Locomotion.